Mixed sea veg salad – wild harvested
Category: Algae & Sea Veg
Mixed algae salad mix from Ireland. Wild harvested.
Warning: Last items in stock!
By buying this product you can collect up to 54 loyalty points. Your cart will total 54 points that can be converted into a voucher of 1,62 €.
Mixed Sea Veg Salad is a colorful and very tasty mix of five different fine sea vegetables. Five different types of algae are chopped and mixed together for easy munching and incorporation into your daily cooking. The mix is composed of:
- Dulse (25%), which has a long tradition of use in northern Europe and tastes fantastic.
- Sea spaghetti (25%) really looks like spaghetti. :-)
- Atlantic Spirulina (20%), not to be confused with sweetwater spirulina typically found online and in shops. Atlantic spirulina has salty taste.
- Sweet Kombu (20%), a slightly sweet-tasting delight.
- Nori (10%), well-known as the algae used in sushi and gimbap, a very tasty Korean type of sushi.
Using Mixed Sea Veg Salad
This is where the mix shines. It's chopped and mixed and is very appealing to the eye. It can munched on as a snack, but the mixture lends itself to easy incorporation of five different types of sea vegetables into everyday cooking. You can use the mix in salads, on potatoes, in soups, in omelettes...basically whereever you fancy. It's amazingly versatile!
Hint: Algae dries out quickly, even packaged. But the solution is quick and easy. Spray with water from a spray bottle or simply sprinkle a little water over the sea veg and toss it around in a bag. Let it stand for at least 20 minutes. Shortly the water is fairly evenly absorbed and the sea veg becomes fresher and more tender.
Mixed Sea Veg Salad at a glance
- Wild harvested from the coasts of Ireland
- Regularly tested for heavy metals
- Ingredients: In variable amounts dulse, sea spaghetti, Atlantic spirulina, sweet kombu, nori
- Contents: Weight at time of filling - weight loss due to further drying possible
- Storage: Dry and cool
- Note: Not more than 2g/day due to a potentially high level of iodine. If you want to use more, please soak in water for a couple of hours first. Exchange the water a couple of times to reduce the iodine levels.