Spirulina flakes - wild harvested
Category: Algae & Sea Veg
Saltwater spirulina flakes from Ireland. Wild harvested.
Warning: Last items in stock!
By buying this product you can collect up to 71 loyalty points. Your cart will total 71 points that can be converted into a voucher of 2,13 €.
Atlantic spirulina (Enteromorpha spirulina) is a true rarity. It should not be confused with the typical spirulina (Arthrospira platensis and Arthrospira maxima). This is ocean spirulina, the spirulina powders one usually finds are sweet water algae.
Being a sea vegetable, Atlantic spirulina has a slightly salty taste.
Using Atlantic Spirulina Flakes
This Atlantic Spirulina is flaked and thus very convenient to use as a spice. They lend a nice taste to potato, rice and pasta dishes, but also to salads. We admit to also liking them as a munchy snack or adding them to shakes and smoothies. If you're adventurous, try sprinkling some on top of your favorite ice cream. You'll be pleasantly surprised!
Atlantic Spirulina Flakes at a glance
- Wild and hand-harvested from the coasts of Ireland
- Ingredients: Atlantic Spirulina (Enteromorpha spirulina)
- Allergens: May contain shellfish.
- Weight: At time of filling - weight loss due to further drying possible
- Storage: Dry and cool
- Recommended amount: Not more than 2g/day due to a potentially high level of iodine. If you want to use more, please soak in water for a couple of hours first. Exchange the water a couple of times to reduce the iodine levels.